This month I am writing to my oldest, Brooklyn. She has been changing so much lately. Really growing up fast. A few weeks ago she asked me to take some pictures of her in this red cape, just for fun. My child ASKING me to take pics of her…are you kidding me?!…Of course I was all over that! So we did a Little Red Riding Hood shoot.
There’s only a few of us participating in this month’s blog circle. Feel free to follow the circle around, beginning with my super talented friend Courtney.
I know you always hear this from people…”Oh my goodness you are so much like your mother!” And, “You are your mother’s clone!” I look at your expression when these words are muttered to see if that bothers you. Thankfully, you normally smile and look at me in admiration. 🙂 I’m so grateful you are not at the “rolling your eyes phase” yet! I love 12. You are still sweet and loving. Not trying to tell me off yet. I know that time is coming, so I’m holding on to these days where you are still teetering between childhood and young womanhood. Growing up into a young lady in so many ways, yet still hold the innocence of a child within you.
We really are so much alike, it’s scary! I empathize with you too much according to your dad. In other words, I let you get away with waaaay too much! I think it’s because we think so much alike and I remember being 12 like it was yesterday!
Some things we both have in common:
- We both love projects and being creative, making messes, but never wanting to clean up!
- We both love friends and being with people, extroverts at heart.
- We both procrastinate our “duties” so we can enjoy the fun first. Take a look at my laundry pile that has become a permanent part of my bedroom and you will see!
- We both like design, pretty things, fashion, girly stuff.
- We dress alike. I can usually choose your clothes for you based on what I like.
- We are both self driven once we put our mind to something.
- We’re both not touchy feely people, but will never turn down a quick hug or peck on the cheek.
- We are both independent and confident in who we are and what we want to accomplish.
- We are both quick to forgive, realizing that weak friendships can become strong again with love and that nobody is perfect.
- We are both light hearted and silly at times…generally considered happy peeps!
The list could go on!
The reason I wanted to talk about our similarities is so you will always remember we are innately alike. That I get you. I understand. I’ve been there and think like you. I can help you through the tough things of life. As you are transitioning into a teen I hope you will remember this. I hope we are always close. I am your mother and your friend and I always want the best for you. I pray for you each day. I love you my sweet and I will always be here for you.
Love, Mommy (you still call me that…melts my heart!)
And I’m adding one more pic I just got edited….